Latina Engineer LLC has partnered with the Diana Iracheta Foundation NFP to create and award scholarships to Latinas pursuing engineering degrees.
In 2022 ILEW reached at total of $10,000 awarded in scholarships towards the education of Latinas in Engineering throughout the nation.
2023 Scholarship Opportunities
Latina Engineer Scholar Benefits
- Open only to students who identify as Latinas or have Latinx or Hispanic descendant.
- Mentoring from other Latinas in engineering and STEM
- Some scholarships come with internship opportunities.
- Participation during our annual conference
- Must self-identify as a female
- Be or have Latinx background/roots
- Reside and live within the 50 states of the United States. US territories not included.
- Be a full-time student enrolled in an US accredited educational institution pursuing a 4-year bachelor’s degree in any engineering discipline, or 2-year community college with proof of transferring plans to complete a 4-year engineering degree.
- Must be enrolled full-time the semester following the scholarship award time.
- Complete a short-term mentoring program with the Latina Engineer Organization following the scholatship award.
- If selected, students must demonstrate proof of an outstanding tuition balance from the university, loan agreements, or tuition statements.
- No immigration status required for some scholarships.
Please note none of the scholarships can be applied to fund other conferences, travel, or any costs outside of a tuition balance.
GE Appliances x ILEW Spring Scholarship
Latina Engineer is happy to announce 2023 partnership with GE Appliances, a Haier company to bring you more scholarship opportunities this year.
For the very first time, we will be offering scholarships in the spring! Check out the detail above to see when applications open and close and well as award details.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Current sophomore or junior student.
- Must be a U.S Citizen, U.S Permanent Resident, or legally authorized to work in the United States
- MUST BE MAJORING IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Project Engineer.
If selected, Applicant may have the opportunity to participate in an internship/Co-op at GEA